The purpose of the Texas Burn Survivor Society (TBSS) Scholarship is to provide burn survivors with assistance in obtaining vocational training that will provide them with skills to lead a productive life.
2019 Scholarship Applications are due Friday, April 26, 2019.
To qualify for this scholarship you must:
- Have a total body surface area burn percentage of 5% or over, which must be verified by a medical care provider; or have a disability as a result of a thermal injury verified by a medical health care provider;
- Be a high school graduate or have obtained a GED;
- Pursue a degree or certification in a specific vocation;
- Attend an institute of higher learning that is certified by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and/or the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS); and/or the Commission of Career Colleges and Schools of Texas; as well as the specific state agency that certifies the chosen course of study, if applicable;
- Be a resident of Bexar or surrounding counties (Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, or Wilson). Under limited circumstances, the Scholarship Committee may waive this requirement.
Please direct any questions about scholarship procedures and awards to Sue Dodson, Executive Director, Texas Burn Survivor Society, at 210-824-8499 or by e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org